At Share the Table, we believe that Maggie and many others like her should not have to worry about where their next meal will come from or how to keep their children fed. They should not have to make critical choices between food and other basic needs.
The much-needed new space will provide:
- Increased freezer and cooler space for frozen proteins, fresh produce, and dairy items
- Educational space for nutrition and health classes
- Space for a community garden
- Increased dry storage space for non-perishables
- Increased household ministry space for community donations that benefit our clients
- Increased kitchen space
- A larger and safer facility space for clients, volunteers, staff, and equipment use (fork-lift, pallet jack, carts, etc.)
- A new truck for hauling food items to the Share the Table distribution center from our community partners who provide dry goods and frozen foods to us weekly
- Increased parking area for the safety of clients, volunteers, and staff
To build our new facility and increase our outreach to the communities we serve, we must raise $775,000 over the next 5 years. With your support, Share the Table can grow into the next phase of our history and help change Maggie’s world, as well as all those in need in our surrounding communities.
Why Donate to Share the Table?
Share the Table, Inc. is a faith-based nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization supported by seven charter churches, community churches, civic organizations, and local businesses in Pender and Onslow Counties in North Carolina. Through our free community meal, food pantry and school backpack programs, we feed over 1,000 Pender and Onslow County residents per week.